My Little Sewing Project

I have been busy this week!  I haven't had much time to post because the flu had found it's way into our home.  However, while taking care of sick children I managed to sew some pillows for my family room sofa and my husband's office.  Just to be clear... I do not sew.  I once took a sewing class in the 7th grade, but if I remember correctly, my teacher wasn't very impressed with my work.  Even so, if I had to describe myself in one word, determined would be me! So I dusted off an old sewing machine stored in the basement and I got to work.  Lord help me! I could not even remember how to thread the machine and the bobbin! YouTube my friends can get you through anything! Ha Ha (true story). 
So here are the pillows I made.  I am pretty happy with them.  If someone was to look closely, they would see my amateur work.  I did have a lot of fun though and I think I may have been bit by the sewing bug.  I am going to take some classes soon!
The brown pillows were made from a shower curtain that I found at TJ Maxx.
The black prints were stenciled on.




You can find me linked up to these fabulous parties!
The DIY Show Off

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

  1. Love it. I just made some pillows recently and I love that I sewed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look outstanding...hop over and share them at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY. Hope everybody starts feeling better at your nest. I’m having a giveaway...be sure to come by and check it out…it starts Monday March 7.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pillows and you sound just like me. I forget how to thread the machine since I rarely sew and I wasn't good in Home Ec at sewing either. Not my thing. Our names are close and our blog names both have Savvy in them. Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillows are fabulous!

    I find, at this stage of my life, they are making thread thicker and needle eyes smaller.;-)
    Thanks so much for stopping by the Back Porch and for following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your family is feeling well. Your post reminds me of my sewing attempts! Heaven help me if the bobbin ever runs out of thread! I love your choice of fabrics - they look great on the sofas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! They look great! And thanks for following me at Richmondthrifter! Makes my day to get a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your pillows turned out wonderful! they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabric choice! You wouldn't even know you were an amateur!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for coming over to my site. It's nice to have a fellow animal print friend. I am going to attempt your pillows. Yikes. Check out the pillows at prudently painted village. Wowza. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If your sewing skills are limited.pillows are a good place to start. Looks like you did a good job with just right fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, cool stencils! I love the fabric you chose, it's one of my favorite patterns. You did an excellent job! I'm hosting a sewing series on my site for newbies...our first project is a pillow case! How much easier can it get? I'd love for you to join! Starts Thursday and ends in 3 weeks. You link up your finished project and we pick some winners for some cool prizes. Ok, I'm done with my schpiel. ;)
    alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pillows turned out wonderful. Fun peeking over here from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia! xoox
    ~tracie

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great! I might need to make some now too. :) I am not a great sewer either but I try! I figure no one is going to come over and really inspect my sewing on my pillows and if they do, oh well!

    ReplyDelete